Wizardry 6 and 7 (twitch bundle) flagged by as malware

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sare, Aug 9, 2018 at 7:11 AM.

1. Sare

Sare New Member

Sorry if this is the wrong place to reach out...

Wizardry 6 and 7 were gifted in the latest twitch prime loot, bundled in with wizardry 8, however both 6 and 7 executables were flagged by my antivirus (Comodo) on install - as trojans (darkcomet)

Noticed it was raised on the reddit gamedeals thread by other users and was uploaded to virustotal where it flagged on a few providers, so it doesn't sound like my machine was already compromised. I can't provide links on this new account, but wanted to raise this with Nightdive and can't see any contact details on the main site beyond social media

Has anyone else had any trouble with the wizardry games either via twitch or otherwise. Happy to send links to the thread or virus total results

2. Krash

Krash New Member

Do you know which files are being flagged? I have these games on Steam and nothing gets a hit for me -- they're quite old games that've simply been wrapped with dosbox. Maybe the distribution you have was packaged in an unusual way...

The quickest way to get support with Nightdive games is to join the Discord here: https://discordapp.com/invite/nightdive
    You could also open a ticket at support.nightdivestudios.com or send an email, but those aren't checked quite as often.

Sare likes this.
  3. Sare

Sare New Member

Thanks, it's the apparent core executables for each game - Wizardry6Start.exe and Wizardry7Start.exe.
    This could well be a specific issue with the Twitch bundle, though Twitch support suggested contacting the Dev. I will have a look at discord / support.nightdive and flag