Turok 1 & 2 Remastered... Boxed/Retail?

Discussion in 'Turok' started by Prenihility, Jun 4, 2017.

1. Prenihility

Prenihility New Member

Now i have a feeling this may just be dismal and hopeless.. but, it would be amazing.

I've always loved the Turok games and have fond memories of playing them on the N64, especially Seeds of Evil. I wasn't paying attention to the progress of the Seeds of Evil remaster for some time and just saw that it was released in March! Holy crap!

Is it possible to have these 2 remastered Turok games released; at least in limited quantities in a boxed/retail form? The original print copies at this point are just sought after as collector's items, and i'd hate to open either of them. Plus, compatibility issues and such. I love having something tangible. For some reason, it's not really appealing to gamers anymore. They just like downloading their game and playing it. Is it possible we could have a physical, boxed release? I think it's phenomenal that the game finally got a re-release AND remaster that it deserved for far too long now. But i just feel like such a fool simply downloading it and adding it to my Steam account. It just feels so incomplete. Especially given that this would be a great opportunity to re-release the games physically.

2. amurshock

amurshock Member

The PC version of Turok didn't do that well when it was released in the late 90s (it was the N64 version which sold like hot cakes). And frankly there's no market for that kind of product anymore. If Nightdive had the manpower and funds they could probably pull off a very limited, small-production run for enthusiasts like you through Kickstarter or some other crowdfunding platform, but even this seems highly unlikely. But why not give it a try and pitch the Nightdive guys a message through Kickstarter? :)

There's also still mint copies of the old N64 games circulating. If you stalk ebay long enough, I'm sure you'll find one eventually.

3. Prenihility

Prenihility New Member

A response from the devs - just to see what they'd say - would be nice. I literally just purchased Turok 1 and 2 as i post this. :) I know it would be a pain to get the games running on modern hardware and OS if i were to get some original copies of the game. The remaster is nice for that.

But i do have to say, not as many sales of the PC version back in the day doesn't mean anything now. All games were physical releases at that time. Now, physical releases aren't very popular all across the board. I guess the game simply sold better on N64. But physical vs digital at the time was out of the equation.

If there was a limited production run of the remaster in physical form, i'd be all for it.