Technical Issues

Discussion in 'System Shock' started by Elysis, Feb 3, 2018.

1. Elysis

Elysis New Member

Hello!
    So, While my laptop is fairly good at running most games, even with some sacrifices, it appears that System Shock in its demo form doesnt work that well with my system. At the native resolution of my pc, it lags quite a lot, I think its in the lower 10s to twenty, maybe even single digits. If I lower the resolution, it does a bit better, with it reaching about 30 to 40 fps, unless there is like smoke or something.

I understand that this game is a work in progress, and that the demo is a bit dated, so I have high hopes for the full release....that may or may not end up getting crushed, but that is life.

My current specs are a gtx 950m with 2 gigs of vram, 8 gigs of ddr4 ram, and a intel core I7 7500u 2.7ghz processor.

2. Shaun Gupta

Shaun Gupta Moderator Staff Member

Assuming you're talking about the Unity demo released with the KickStarter, that's probably not going to remotely indicate performance of the final game.

For one, the game's now being built with a different engine altogether (Unreal 4). Also, that Unity demo was not intended to be optimized. So while I can't comment on final performance on your system, hopefully the challenges you experienced in the demo won't be a concern. A better indicator might be how other games built with Unreal 4 are running, but even that is tentative as we just don't know yet and probably won't until much closer to release (beta, etc.) what performance will be like with the current engine.