Shipping Costs

Discussion in 'System Shock' started by CrazyFox, Apr 2, 2017.

1. CrazyFox

CrazyFox New Member

Hello

I'm a $75 kickstarter backer.
    After the backer kit site got active, I, like many other have to my surprise found out that I need to pay additional shipping fees. But being reasonable I accepted the fact that physical objects need to be physically sent places.

Since the cost came down to a very hefty $20, I thought I would lessen the impact by purchasing the artbook (which you have provided to the backer kit, thank you for that), so that I'm not paying a quarter more for what is pretty much a DVD case.

The issue, however is that instead of making the shipping costs less egregious, the artbook almost doubled it.
    I tried to get an answer on the kickstarter page, but it was pointed out, that it'd be more reasonable to ask here.

What is the reasoning for the separate shipping costs?
    Are they shipped separately?
    Why are the packages not consolidated into one?

Thank you
    CrazyFox

2. DeadSpatula

DeadSpatula New Member

Probably because the art book is large, 200 pages, and larger than your average hardcover. it likely increase I disagree with your premise however. Every other project I have backed has included shipping as part of their pledges, either integrated in the reward tier cost, or as something disclosed and added at the time of your pledge. Given i cant even get my digital rewards without paying for the extra shipping, it feels like we are being extorted

3. CrazyFox

CrazyFox New Member

I'm a kickstarter novice so I have no idea about the culture surrounding it (and neither does nightdive, apparently).

But the pricing of the P&S still confuses me. If the shipping for a sizable 200 page book comes up to $15-20, that would make the steel case chock full of steel as it is smaller and, I daresay, lighter...

I'll wait for nightdive to release a statement, then we'll see.

4. Malygris

Malygris New Member

I pledged for the System Shock Kickstarter at the $75 "Drone Cyborg" tier, but now I'm being told I owe another $20 for shipping on top of that amount. No mention of paying extra for shipping was mentioned in the description of the tier, which is explicitly for a physical copy of the game. Why is this being tacked on now? And if this is how it's going to be, how do I go about obtaining a refund?

5. TaLLa

TaLLa New Member

Many people complain about this problem. Seems still work in progress but they know.

6. CrazyFox

CrazyFox New Member

Yep. Saw the update.
    Glad to see them break the silence.