Seeds of... hiccups.

Discussion in 'Turok' started by WinstonTFX, Apr 3, 2017.

1. WinstonTFX

WinstonTFX New Member

Hello everyone.
    I have this weird issue with T2. The first two hours of the game were fine for me. Then suddenly in the Graveyard level my framerate went under 30. The game used to run smoothly but now in some areas of the levels I can barely aim.
    PC specs: Win7 Ultimate x64, 4 GBs Ram, Nvidia Geforce 9800 GT 512 VRAM, latest drivers for all devices, all versions of Net Framework installed and VC++ also...
    Windows is freshly installed. Every other game I have runs great...

2. Edward850

Edward850 New Member

Which build is this (and on Steam or GOG), what graphics settings have you configured, and have you tried resetting to defaults (delete kexengine.cfg)?

Last edited: Apr 5, 2017
  3. WinstonTFX

WinstonTFX New Member

Steam release. Graphics settings are at default on 1024x768. I remember now that I wanted to play at 1440x900 resolution but I didn't like how the game looked after that the game started to run as crap...
    I will try deleting that file. I hope it helps. I will write if it doesn't.

4. Edward850

Edward850 New Member

The graphics settings being at their default is likely what's causing problems to start with. The defaults are tailored towards 1/2GB VRAM, not 512MB. You'll need to turn things off like deferred decals, shadow maps, light maps, motion blur, light scattering and Ambient Occlusion.

5. WinstonTFX

WinstonTFX New Member

Defaults were no problem for at least two hours in game... Something went wrong...
    Forgot to thank you. Deleting that file helped. Hope this thread helps anyone else who has the same problem.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2017