No one lives forever

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jakandratchet, Jan 6, 2018.

1. Jakandratchet

Jakandratchet New Member

I just realized it’s been almost 3 years since I read about the story behind nightdive’s attempts to bring back no one lives forever. This is a series I have wanted to play for ages. Is there any hope of the rights ever getting untangled?

2. dAlegirl1

dAlegirl1 New Member

I agree, I would very much like to know, disney bought fox, does it affect the rights of the game series?

3. Beefpants

Beefpants New Member

Somewhere there is an article covering this. Nightdive had to concede defeat because the companies involved had no interest in playing ball, finding out who actually owns the rights and is willing to license. If NOLF is to be rereleased someone else has to take up the fight to do so.

4. dAlegirl1

dAlegirl1 New Member

I read this story, it was in 2015 it seems bad that it all happened, but it's been almost 3 years, maybe something has changed

5. DeadYorick

DeadYorick New Member

If you read the article you'll know that it was due to 20th century FOX that the attempt failed. Specifically, 20th Century Fox wanted to be paid money to find the contract they had and nobody knows exactly how much of the IP they own. The other companies were on board to sell them the IP rights.

20th century fox is being bought by Disney. Which currently has a history of re-releasing old games that belong to IP's they own. (including old Monolith games like Tron 2.0). Night Dive renegotiating with Disney to buy the rights is completely possible now. They could also theoretically obtain other 20th century fox published games like Aliens Vs Predator 2 which has a very dedicated fanbase that wants the game very badly.

amurshock likes this.
  6. Beefpants

Beefpants New Member

Huh. I forgot about the Disney thing. Is there anyone else willing if Nightdive doesn't want another crack?

7. DeadYorick

DeadYorick New Member

If it isn't Night Dive doing it, the only other company I can imagine doing it is Disney themselves.

Mostly because they did re-release Tron 2.0. I can also foresee Disney selling it because more than likely Fox only owned less than 1/3rd of the rights to the series and they probably have no interest in continuing the franchise.

8. amurshock

amurshock Member

It would be a damn shame if the NOLF IP were to collect dust for much longer. Let's keep our fingers crossed....