Introduce Yourself

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JasonFader, Oct 29, 2017.

1. JasonFader

JasonFader Game Director Staff Member

Welcome to the Official Nightdive Studios forums!

Basic Rules:
    • DO NOT post political or religious views.
    • DO NOT post anything racist, hateful, or offensive.
    • DO NOT post anything akin to cyber-bullying.
    • Please be respectful to others.

If posts are found to violate these policies, they will be removed.

Also, these forums will remove an account after 1 month if no posts have been made by that user. This is to help keep the server running at tip top performance.

Now that that's out of the way, go ahead and introduce yourself to our awesome community! :)

II SEGA USA II likes this.
  2. Rezking911

Rezking911 New Member

Hey guys, Myles is the name, just finished the Turok titles and felt so nostalgic that I had to come and make an account to figure out the future of NightDive.
    Hopefully some more classics can come back and shine through the ages, maybe convince myself to invest into the company. Hope to see more! :)

3. amurshock

amurshock Member

Hey everyone, my name is Mat. I purchased System Shock 2 right after release in 1999 at the age of 13 and became an instant fan. Unfortunately I didn't play very far back then, mostly because I was scared as hell. Anyway, Shock 2 remained, for whatever reason, dear and very special to me. When the game got re-released by Nightdive Studios I managed to get my act together, finished what I had started as a kid and enjoyed it so much that I needed to experience System Shock 1 as well. I can't wait to see what the future holds in store for the System Shock franchise.

4. azrael

azrael New Member

Systems Developer
    Hey there. I'm Marc.By pure chance I got a copy of the original System Shock back in 1994 and was instantly hooked. You could even go as far as saying that it forever changed what I expect from a computer game. Needless to say that System Shock 2 was an instant buy for me on release. Both physical copies are still on proud display at my house. Of course I've sinced obtained every available version of System Shock on the digital platforms I use (mainly GOG and Steam).

I was a bit anxious when NDS said they were doing a remake of my most beloved game ever, but especially after playing that alpha demo I was hooked again and pledged on Kickstarter (Cyborg Enforcer). Please NDS... DO NOT SCREW THIS UP! :D

5. Xiphan

Xiphan New Member

IT Support
    Hey everyone, my name's Julian but I go by the online handle Xiphan whenever I dive into cyberspace. :cool: I hail from sunny South Africa, and I got hooked on System Shock 2 way back in the day thanks to a PCF cover disc containing the System Shock 2 demo.

I'm immensely excited for the System Shock remake, and incredibly hyped for the System Shock 3 sequel! Something I honestly never expected to get in my lifetime, but something I am beyond happy to know is finally happening. Seriously, not knowing the fate of Tommy and Rebecca after all these years has been driving me nuts! :p

6. RDC-018

RDC-018 New Member

Student
    Hello everyone from NDS and the forums, I'm Jet :D lovely to meet cha :D. I love this company... hell I wish I can work for them but you know I can always dream. I just love the concept of taking a really really old and making it playable about now I understand that they're not the first company to do this, But they are the first company to release Turok... So there ya go :p. I'm also excited about the new System shock :).

7. Jeffdeniis

Jeffdeniis New Member

Home Page:
    its great

8. tfishell

tfishell New Member

Tyler. GOG fan. :)

9. virtualdream64

virtualdream64 New Member

Hello, I'm new here and I have no clue what to say :)

10. FlyingSnakes3

FlyingSnakes3 New Member

Hey there, I'm Sean. I still have my hologram System Shock 2 box. How are you?

11. Derrick Weeks

Derrick Weeks New Member

IT Analyst II/Server Admin
    Hello,

i just made an account to see what retro games nightdive will be working on porting to steam! i am really hopeful for Turok 3 AND turok: Rage Wars most of all!!! take my money please!

12. Derrick Weeks

Derrick Weeks New Member

IT Analyst II/Server Admin
    i also read the sticky. our accounts will be deleted if we dont post at least once a month?

13. Flatfingers

Flatfingers Member

I'm sort of amazed that this forum, which frequently demands that Magic Numbers be entered, and apparently has a "post once a month" rule, sees as much spam as it does.

14. Krash

Krash New Member

Well, it's not quite "post once a month", it's "post within a month", just meaning those who register and don't post (fairly typical of spammers who sign up but are blocked by posting restrictions) are purged.
    Almost all of the spammers should be fully preventable with spam block lists, rules (e.g. no links until you have x posts), and content matching, but because they're used to it they do tend to try to find a way to wriggle around the roadblocks... it was pretty bad there for a while though, so at least some of the settings changes have improved the situation a bit.

15. Flatfingers

Flatfingers Member

Well said.

The really troubling part is that, for as many filthy spammers as ooze through the cracks, I know there are many, many, many more that are being blocked.

[insert "anonymity is a contributor to antisocial behaviors" rant here]

16. dertseha

dertseha New Member

Hello all!
    I'm a bit late to the party here on the forums, yet it seems it's good to be registered as well, being a backer of the SS1 remake :) .

I live in Vienna, Austria, Europe, Earth, Sol, and I'm a fan of the System Shock series, and thus very excited about both the remake and the announced SS3.
    Furthermore, I am one of the original members of TSSHP (should anyone know/remember that), as well as the project owner of InkyBlackness, which brought forth an open-source editor for SS1 (even before the source was released).

My activity is primarily on the systemshock.org forums, then in the Discord chats, and probably occasionally here on these forums.

II SEGA USA II and Flatfingers like this.
  17. II SEGA USA II

II SEGA USA II New Member

HI I'm
    II SEGA USA II

Here to help forum growth and help run Xbox live club TUROK 2 MULTIPLAYER DIVISION. Looking to improve systems networking through optimization of settings and help manage online population by providing players a network of club members to host and invite via Xbox live. Future plans are to help Night Dive Studios with online testing and positive feedback support from the community members to help refine and grow sustainability in player creator relations.

Add me on Xbox live ii SEGA USA ii
    Thank you NDS.

18. amurshock

amurshock Member

Pretty cool, welcome to the forums :)

dertseha likes this.
  19. soniiiety

soniiiety New Member

nothing
    hello everyone, i am soniiiety or you can call me: zenron,soniiie,sonie zerger,zoarctic. i can't wait to do awesome things on this site unless something is wrong here,

hope that we can be friends and talk and that i can help people or do things on here that are fun/useful.

20. Wash Washburne

Wash Washburne New Member

Hey all, I'm Wash Washburne, glad to be backing this magical event, can't wait to find my lifeless body somewhere on the station,.

Quick question. Did I miss the survey email? Got one but link was broken, another email mentioned that a good link to the survey will follow up but still nothing.

In any case, glad to meet you all!