Game will not start AT ALL- Open GL2.0 required?

Discussion in 'Turok' started by Dale1247, Feb 9, 2018.

1. Dale1247

Dale1247 New Member

Hi there, I'm not usually one to post on forums but I'm having issues preventing me from playing this game. When I open the game I get an error message saying "OpenGL 2.0 is required. Missing vertex attribute array support. Please upgrade your video driver to the manufacturer's latest version.".

Now I have upgraded to all the latest drivers, even done a clean install on them. I've tried running in compatibility mode, scoured Steam forums for solutions.... everything I can think of and the game will still not run.

PC Specs are:
    AMD Ryzen 7 1700 3.0 GHz
    16gb RAM
    Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080
    Windows 10 64Bit

Keep in mind I am pretty new to PC so apologies if the answer is really simple, but I am at a loss.

Thank you

2. Edward850

Edward850 New Member

The OpenGL surface is being constructed but it can't find the necessary extensions that make up OpenGL2.0. Put simply something about your graphics driver has run afoul.
    Can you run dxdiag (click start, type dxdiag), save the output and upload the textfile here?

3. Dale1247

Dale1247 New Member

Thanks for the reply! I have no problems running any other games, including new releases so this is quite odd. I've uploaded the txt file, hope it helps.

Attached Files:

4. Edward850

Edward850 New Member

Huh, well everything looks normal (although for whatever reason, your system resolution doesn't match your native resolution of 1920x1080, that shouldn't be stopping anything though). I can only assume you must have something installed that's overriding OpenGL support. Would you happen to have any third party services installed such as OSDs (On Screen Displays) or "graphical enhancers"? Or perhaps a 3rd party USB display adapter?

Are you also sure this is the driver you installed? https://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/130633

5. Dale1247

Dale1247 New Member

Yeah that's the driver I installed.

As far as any 3rd party programs, no I don't as far as I'm aware. MSI Gaming app was pre-installed when I bought the desktop but that's it. And the only hardware I have plugged into my PC are my Astros, a Microsoft XBO wireless controller adapter and my mouse and keyboard. Might have to do a bit more research.